CONNECT TO CONCRETE FRAME
J-SAFE CONNECT is the principle temporary edge protection
system for Pre-Cast Concrete structures.
Designed to EN13374 Class A
Connect is J-Safe’s Edge Protection system for Concrete structures.
TOP OF CONCRETE SLABS
This configuration of the J-SAFE CONNECT system positions the Temporary Edge Protection system on top of the concrete deck. The system comprises of Posts, Bases and Mesh Barriers for speed and ease of installation.
There are no loose components or special tools required, removing the risk of falling objects during installation.
- This system can be vertically extended using the Top Extension Barriers providing a guardrail height of 1,800mm.
- If the Temporary Edge Protection system is to be moved between floors, M12 X 100 Excalibur screwbolts are used to provide an easy to use solution, as well as providing a reusable economical anchorage system.
- Cast-in sockets to the top of concrete slab
- Short lengths (normally 200mm) of plastic duct are placed into the wet concrete during the deck pours ensuring that they are vertically aligned.
EDGE OF CONCRETE SLABS
Installation of the J-SAFE system is faster and less expensive using the slab edge bracket with the cast- in anchorage.
The cast-in anchor is fixed to the slab edge formwork by nailing its fixing cap onto the slab edge formwork at maximum 2,400mm spacings.
- The anchor is inserted over the cap which will pull out on the formwork, exposing the anchorage point into which the slab edge bracket is connected with a 15mm Dwyidag Rod.
- For non cast-in fixings, Reusable Excalibur Screwbolts are extremely strong and can be re-used up to 10 times if undamaged.
- This makes this method extremely economical if the Temporary Edge Protection system is to be moved between floors or areas.