A temporary edge protection for
for hard to access areas.
Designed to EN13374 Class A
TEMPORARY EDGE PROTECTION
ANCHORED TO WALLS
The system is anchored into the wall face using threaded rod in resin compound for masonry or existing concrete walls, or dwyidag bar for new concrete structures utilising the dwyidag holes from the formwork system.
- For pre cast wall panels, a 16mm socket type anchor is cast into the concrete element.
- The J-SAFE system is installed at maximum 2400 centres, with the benefit of adaptability to the shape of the structure or need to avoid obstructions or projections because the barriers overlap anywhere along their length which means that wall bracket positions are not critical.
- J-SAFE barriers are manufactured from steel mesh that prevents falling debris or objects and are the equivalent of twin guardrails and toe board in one component.
- The J-SAFE Temporary Edge Protection System utilising the Wall Bracket and the supporting assembly forms a robust continuous mesh screen around the working are protecting the workforce from the risk of a fall from height.
- For applications where the Wall Bracket is impractical, the J-SAFE Freestanding System could be suitable for preventing falls from walls and vertical structures
TEMPORARY EDGE PROTECTION
ANCHORED TO BRIDGE DECK
Refurbishment and upgrading of bridges over motorways including the replacement of guardrails requires a Temporary Edge Protection System that reduces the potential for the operatives to fall from the structure.
The J-SAFE parapet plate has been designed to install underneath existing parapet guardrails positioning the anchorage into the concrete deck.
- Anchor positioning is variable, the parapet plate has a long slot so that features and rebar can be avoided.
- When anchored into position, J-SAFE posts and barriers are fitted into the parapet plates, again using the existing bridge parapet guardrails to protect the installer.
- The installation work takes place behind guardrails throughout and installers operate without the need for personal protection.
- When the J-SAFE Temporary Edge Protection System is in place, the bridge guardrail can be removed for refurbishment or replacement.
- The re-instalation of the permanent guardrail and removal of the J-SAFE Temporary Guardrail follows the installation sequence in reverse.
- The J-SAFE system is installed at maximum 2400 centres, with the benefit of adaptability to the shape of the structures or need to avoid permanent guardrail post positions because the barriers overlap anywhere along their length.